Skip to main content

Dab in the Middle

Dab in the Middle

Not a clue, I do not know.
Do I pen a letter
to Miss Manners, or
inquire of dear Aunt Flow?

With which spoon do I eat sorbet.
and why is that of great import?
From outside in I pick my fork.
So many rules I must obey.

One state, two state, red state, blue state
one vote, two vote, red vote, blue vote
Demo girls and Repo boys, why does 
their nonsense rule our fate.

Knowing what’s right and proper
get’s harder every day.
The microwave just beeped,
as the newsman tell’s a whopper.

My neighbor pilots a Prius,
my cousin’s in her Hummer and
a bicycle is just peachy for me. From
big oil, please just someone free us?

I don’t mean to create a flap,
but speak my mind I will.
But the hour is so very late. Time for 
this curmudgeon's cookie, milk and nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic Of the Modern Ones

Magic of the Modern Ones In the Light of the morning calm A new day shines bright What once was a tiny thought Almost imperceptible, yet alive in each of us The appointed hour now arrived We stand together in this moment Now. We know why we are here As we breathe in, it is called into creation Leaping out of the heart center of the multitudes The circle of our own divine oneness Embraces all beings in compassion In perfect safety having let go of our fears We stand face to face with the Holy Ones In the Eyes of the Goddess and God we see Ourselves With One voice we begin the magic: By our actions All beings now receive the courage To take the next step on their own true path. By our actions All beings are learning the wisdom Of their own perfect teacher. By our actions All beings realize their own Divinity And are Enlightened Love Joy One Blessed be In the Light of the morning calm Each in our own uniqueness Standing together claiming our Divinity The magic has begun Together we let go...